About this recipe
Everybody loves hamburgers (even us). Sure, you can barbecue them, but you can also broil them in the oven or make them in a frying pan.
In a bowl, mix together:
- 1 lb. lean ground beef,
- 1 egg (if doubling, use 2 yolks and 1 white),
- 2 tbsp. bread crumbs,
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley,
- 1-2 tbsp. barbecue sauce (use that Diana sauce if you can),
- ½ tsp. salt, ¼ tsp. black pepper, and ¼ tsp. garlic powder (or garlic salt),
- a little diced onion (optional).
Squash ingredients thoroughly with your hands and form into patties. Then cook ’em and eat ’em.
- The secret is the garlic and the barbecue sauce.
- Some people add a shake of that Worcestershire.
- You can crush a real garlic clove instead of using powder.
- You'll probably need more breadcrumbs just to tighten things up.
If you're feeling healthy, skip the bun and serve your burgers with just a salad (no fries).