Cannellini Bean Dip
About this recipe
This dip is less fattening than hummus since cannellini beans are softer and therefore require less oil. Adjust garlic to the serving time; if refrigerating for a few hours, use a little less.
Drain and rinse:
- 1 (19 oz.) can white kidney beans.
- 3 tbsp. olive oil,
- 2 cloves fresh garlic,
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley,
- the juice from ½ a lemon,
- ½ tsp. black pepper and ¼ tsp. salt.
Let sit for at least 30 minutes and serve with crostini (toasted baguette) or warm pita bread (nuked for a few seconds).
- Use that flat-leaf, Italian parsley if you can.
- If you’re having trouble getting things to blend, add more oil.
Use a food processor if you can. They're way better for blending things like this.