About this recipe
Yet another dish with the word “Greek.” Does this mean something? Well, since they run most of our restaurants, we decided to steal a couple of their ideas.
Into a Greek-looking bowl, put:
- 1 (19 oz.) can chickpeas (drained and rinsed),
- 1 cup cucumber (cut up),
- 1 cup green pepper (diced),
- 2 cups largely diced tomatoes (optional),
- ½ cup white or purple onion (thinly sliced),
- a dozen big, fat kalamata olives,
- 2-3 oz. crumbled feta cheese.
- olive oil to coat,
- 1 tsp. Greek oregano, ½ tsp. Greek salt, and ½ tsp. Greek black pepper.
Toss, add red wine or balsamic vinegar to taste, and then toss again. Cover in a Greek refrigerator before serving. (It’s good.)
Greeks are very nice people who make wonderful food. They're just not that good at managing money.