About this recipe
Is it true Mediterraneans do it better? Of course it is.
Into a bowl, put:
- 1 (19 oz.) can chickpeas (drained and rinsed),
- 4 cups largely diced tomatoes,
- 2 cups marinated artichokes (or use a 14 oz. can),
- 1 cup dry black oilives,
- 1 cup baby bocconcini cheese,
- 1 cup white or purple onion (thinly sliced).
- olive oil to coat,
- 1 tsp. basil, 1 tsp. salt, and 1 tsp. black pepper.
Toss, add red wine or balsamic vinegar to taste, and then toss again. Cover in refrigerator before serving. Done!
- This salad doesn’t keep well (because of the tomatoes) so you’ll have to eat it all today.
Make this “alla Marino” by substituting sun-dried tomatoes in place of real, exchanging the bocconcini cheese for Asiago, and adding small cubes of good Italian salami. Then for crunch, add diced celery or fennel.