The Garden Chick
About this recipe
Both easy and nutritious, this is the mother of all bean salads. Use whatever vegetables you have, and don’t be shy to experiment (e.g., mix in red kidney or Ray Romano beans). No matter how it turns out, it’s still better than McDonald’s.
Into a bowl, throw together:
- 1 (19 oz.) can chickpeas (drained and rinsed),
- 1 cup broccoli florets (or pieces),
- 1 cup cauliflower florets (or pieces),
- ½ cup carrots (diced or sliced),
- ½ cup white or purple onion (sliced thin).
- olive oil to coat,
- ¼ tsp. salt, ½ tsp. black pepper, and maybe some fresh basil leaves.
Toss, add red wine or balsamic vinegar to taste, and then toss again. Cover in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
This recipe keeps well, so you can make it the night before.