About this recipe
Excellent with any barbecue. Buy a grilling pan from a specialty barbecue store and prepare vegetables this way all summer long. P.S. No broccoli.
Wash, cut up, and place in a large bowl:
- 2 bell peppers (red, yellow, or orange),
- 1 small zucchini,
- ½-1 lb. fresh mushrooms,
- 1 purple onion (also called red or Italian),
- 1 lb. asparagus (diced).
Toss together with:
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil,
- a little salt and pepper.
Pour vegetables into your fancy grilling pan and barbecue on medium-high for 15-20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
When veggies look cooked (they’re soft), return to the bowl and toss with:
- more olive oil,
- a splash of balsamic vinegar,
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic (minced),
- ½ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. black pepper.
- You could also add a little mint.
- You could grill cherry or grape tomatoes (add with 5 minutes to go).
Try this recipe with just baby potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, and a bit of oregano.