About this recipe
Rabbit tastes like chicken, only better. If you’re having company, make sure the butcher removes the little bunny’s head (it will scare the guests).
Place a large frying pan on the stove; turn heat to just under medium and fry:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil,
- 2-3 cloves garlic (cut into large chunks),
- 3-4 lb. rabbit pieces (cut and washed),
- 1 carrot (diced).
Season the rabbit with:
- a little more olive oil,
- ½ tsp. salt, ½ tsp. chili pepper, ½ tsp. rosemary, and ½ tsp. sage.
Turn burner to medium-low and cook for 20-30 minutes (liquid will form), and then add:
Cook another 10 minutes and add:
- 1 cup white wine,
- a handful of pine nuts.
Cover and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated (30 minutes). Then uncover and cook until rabbit is dried (another 30 minutes).
- You can add onion and celery with the carrot.
- Maybe squash a few canned tomatoes over top near the end (like chicken cacciatore).
You can also add a few pickled red peppers somewhere along the way (what the heck?).